Welcome to the day we're featured with our free project for the Jolly Holiday Hop. We love creating small vignettes with trees and special holiday decorations on tables and rooms in our homes. A little quilt can be placed on a table with special mementos, even a favorite bear or doll. It's just another way to use a little quilt besides hanging on a wall. These small arrangements can put the holidays all around your house. We just took down our little vignettes with pumpkins and crows with a small orange and black patchwork quilt.
For a Christmas vignette, gather together a few table-top trees. Add some of your favorite ornaments, a special collectible (ours is a bear by a local bear artist), and our 9” square Sunbonnet Sue Christmas Stitchery, and you have the perfect little Christmas decoration for any room. With small settings around the home, your guests will never notice that you didn’t put the big tree up this year!
Now go to Little Quilts Redwork Holiday Sue to download/print your free pattern:
1. What is your favorite holiday food? My grandmother and then my mother would always make pork, sauerkraut, and dumplings for Thanksgiving along with turkey; and again at Christmas time…but without the turkey!
2. Does your family have a favorite holiday tradition? I’m not sure it’s always their favorite but as my daughter and son were growing up, we would watch “It’s a Wonderful Life” with Jimmy Stewart:
and then watch Chevy Chase’s “Christmas Vacation” after Thanksgiving dinner.
It’s still very funny even though I’ve seen it more than 25 times. We even watch it in the Summer, at family reunions!
3. Did you like or hate sitting on Santa’s lap? I don’t remember, but I did see pictures of myself as a child crying on Santa’s lap!
4. What was a gift that you really desperately wanted? Did you get it? I wanted a two wheel black Schwinn bicycle one year and did get it!
5. What’s your favorite holiday movie Chevy Chase’s “Christmas Vacation.”
6. Favorite holiday song? “Jingle Bell Hop”.
7. Do you make many holiday presents? Just a few for my special stitch in friends. I like to look all during the year for just the right gift for friends and avoid the crazy rush during the holidays.
8. Would you prefer a large fully decorated tree on one like Charlie Brown’s tree? The past few years I have not put up a large tree. I prefer to put smaller trees with a theme in different rooms around the house; as the one shown in our project this year.
9. If you could go back in time, what would you say is your most favorite holiday memory. I really enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday as it’s a day to spend with friends without the rushing around preparing for gift giving.
10. Do you like a big family gathering at the holidays or do you prefer a small dinner followed by hot chocolate by the fire. I prefer a small family gathering with everyone watching “Christmas Vacation” which my son (age 40), and daughter (age 35) have seen at least 20 times!...enjoying hot chocolate and homemade apple pie.
Be sure to visit these blogs today...
Vicki Oehlke - WillowBerry Lane