Thursday, January 08, 2015

Patchwork of the Crosses

Did you get caught up on your blocks during the holiday season?  Hope you're ready for a new one!
 Now that the new year is here, I know you're up for a challenge!  Today's block will require careful cutting and piecing. Cut four of the striped fabric on an angle and, then, cut four of them on the reverse angle.  If you have a Fussy Cut Finder, it will be helpful in making sure you find the correct placement.  I used a grease pencil to mark the angle on my acrylic template - it's a great way to make sure you're lining up all the stripes on the correct angle.  Be careful when gluing the fabric to the template papers...you don't want to stretch the stripe.
These are the fabrics I used for the block.  I also used a neutral fabric from my stash.  This is such a beautiful stripe and there are lots of options for using it.  Be creative!

Send me pictures of your variation and I'll post them on the Pinterest Board so others can be inspired.

If you need additional paper piecing supplies, visit our website here.

No comments: