Monday, January 09, 2012

Quilts in History

Tina was so happy to receive this box of blocks that were made by her great grandmother. The box they are stored in is starting to show its age, and you can see how yellow and brittle the newspaper pattern has become! The blocks are done in 30’s fabrics and are so charming. Even her great grandfather got involved with this quilt – he made a set of metal templates that are also stored in the box. What a treasure! The newspaper pattern appeared in the Sun Telegraph in Pittsburg, but we couldn’t find a date.

2 comments:

The Vintage Seamstress said...

Oh what I would not give to see something my Grandmother had sewn... what a blessing!

Betty Lou said...

What a treasure to receive quilts that your grandmother made. I have an old crocheted tablecloth that my Grandma Mac made. I love it although it it too fragile to use.