Thursday, September 10, 2015

Patchwork of the Crosses

While I was on vacation this summer, I had great plans for catching up on Lucy Boston Blocks.  I didn't get nearly as much done as I'd planned, but I did get a lot of corner blocks constructed...
This was actually a great accomplishment for me because when I'm connecting blocks, I hate to stop to make the corner units!
I found that I was able to use a lot of the scraps from my blocks to make the units, and I also raided my scrap bag to use up other odds and ends of pieces.
The corner units are so small it's easy to make several from the same fabric and get a completely different look for each one!
The other thing I found is that if you have a  design area you don't want to cut up, you don't have to make four tiny 1" squares to make the corner units.  I just cut a 2 1/2" square of fabric and basted it to a 2" paper square.  So quick and easy to get corners finished in a hurry with this method!  These corner units were finished using the shortcut technique:
2" Paper Squares are available, but are not on the website.  Call the shop (770-578-6727) to order. Visit the website to re-order other paper piecing supplies.
Have any of you started making corner units yet?  Send pictures and we'll post them on our Pinterest Board!

1 comment:

bj said...

I've never made a Hunter's Star quilt, but they are so beautiful!