Thursday, May 08, 2014

Patchwork of the Crosses

This week we will be working on another block. 

These are the fabrics I used for the block. For those of you who purchased fabric packs, these fabrics were in the April packs.

The floral center cross shapes were cut from the floral section of the stripe fabric and can be fussy cut or not – your choice.  The diagonal units were cut from the stripe portion of the same fabric.  To accent the blue in the striped fabric and to add additional color to the block, I surrounded the central cross section with a brighter blue fabric.   You will need four floral honeycombs, four stripe honeycombs, and 16 blue honeycomb units to make this block.

New fabric packs will be shipped on May 13.  Call to sign up if you’re interested in receiving some of the fabrics I’m using.  Fabric packs contain a combination of fat quarters and vintage eighths to total ¾ yd. of fabric and can be shipped to you monthly or picked up in the shop for those of you who are local.  Most of the fabrics I'm using are in the packs, but not all - I'm using some fabrics from my stash.

If you’re just joining us, check out the beginning posts of this “Blog Along” here.

If you’re hand piecing rather than English Paper Piecing, check out Inklingo  for a quick and easy method to get cutting and stitching lines on your fabric using an inkjet printer.

As always, questions and comments are welcome.  Let me know how you’re doing with your blocks!  If you email me pictures, I’ll post them on our pinterest board.

Happy Stitching! 


No comments: